This position plans, coordinates, and manages daily operational functions of the team to include patient flow, scheduling and authorization processes, budget development and management, productivity analysis, reporting and enhancement and managed care analysis and reimbursement. This position ensures the highest quality of customer service is provided.
Develops operational plans for each fiscal year and monitors these plans. Manages the daily operation of site/departments. Monitors the scheduling and flow of patients. Monitors the physician template design and maintenance. Tracks and trends physician activity, including session attendance and clinic resource use activity. Supports and improves patient access and patient satisfaction. Adheres to Revenue Cycle and Business Office standards to maintain financial accountability. Listens to, and resolves, customer/patient complaints.
Examines the possibilities for growth by identifying opportunities for partnerships and strategic alliances to enhance market position and organizational effectiveness. Supports planning and coordination of physical relocations and renovation.
Exhibits commitment to improving service and product quality for internal and external customers. Designs processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness. Ensures work practices meet health, fire, safety, and regulatory requirements and compliance with Joint Commission and HIPAA standards. Continually coaches employees on established customer relations program by conducting periodic surveys and recommending improved procedures to meet or exceed the appropriate expectations of patients and staff.
In conjunction with each Division Chief and the Director, Ambulatory Services manages daily issues of each department of responsibility. Partners with the leadership to achieve financial and quality targets. Implements and communicates organizational mission, values, and divisional strategic plan. Maintains a consistent dialogue and united focus. Serves as a resource for providers.
Bachelors in Business, Health Administration or related field or combination of education and experience. (Required)
Five years management experience in an ambulatory practice (Required)
Searching for experienced medical practice administrator for a busy 3-office, 2-provider general ophthalmology and cosmetic surgery practice located in the Sun Cities. Administrative position requires overseeing the medical practice, the licensed and accredited outpatient surgery center (ASC) and the optical boutique. Duties include managing, overseeing and assisting the Nursing Director, the Marketing Director and the Optical Manager.
Education and Experience:
• 4-year college degree including business-related courses and also emphasizing accounting, marketing and sales.
• 3 years minimum experience in a medical office working as either Practice Administrator, Practice Manager, or Business Manager.
• Proficient in Excel, MS Word, Quick Books, and Outlook
• Knowledge of accounting principles in order to gather and disseminate financial data monthly for CPA
• Ability to multi-task with management of multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent, articulate communication skills, oral and written
• Customer service oriented with a focus on quality care
• Highly professional image
Perform your job responsibilities in a conscientious manner, keeping in mind the health and welfare of the practice, patients, clients and fellow staff members. Strive to emulate and uphold team spirit, maintain an open mind to new ideas and appreciate the diversity of others. Embrace open communication, honesty and constructive feedback with peers and management. Most importantly, be present, enjoy what you are doing and strive for excellence each and every day.
Reports directly to the Practice Administrator and responsible to develop, plan, organize and implement current and future strategies to bill customers, process payments, minimize bad debt, improve cash flow and manage the overall health of the company’s receivables. Also responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Practice as they relate to revenue cycle functions which include but are not limited to front office services, billing, collections, accounts receivables and financial planning for patients.
This position will work with the practice business offices and our Central Business Office on revenue cycle performance to meet short term strategic goals and will provide analytical analysis and create written guidelines, policies, and procedures in accordance with implementation of all work processes as a result of thorough analysis.
1. Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business or other related field, OR equivalent required. 2. Healthcare management such as but not limited to clinic management, patient management, accounts receivables and payables, and marketing and public relations. 3. Financial management and knowledgeable of federal and state laws and requirements relating to healthcare management. 4. Managerial competencies in the areas of leadership and team development, managerial coaching and mentoring and situational assessment skills and with proven track record in building and developing high performing teams. 5. A change agent and capable of guiding the organization in initiating various change management initiatives with the view of leading and guiding the organization towards the future. 6. Managerial acumen in setting corporate directions and aligning strategic goals around business plans. 7. Superior judgment, negotiation and decision-making skills. 8. Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity. 9. Strong analytical skills and adept in interpreting strategic vision into an operational model. 10. An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral, written and persuasive skills